Monday, February 27, 2012

Stroganoni

As promised, here is a recipe using the FD Ground Beef that is on sale. I've been wanting to experiment with making Beef Stroganoff from THRIVE foods for some time now. I had an Open House at my home a few weeks back and did a cooking demo, and it was a complete experiment I whipped up on the spot. Thankfully, my husband and my guests agreed that it was good enough to put on the blog, so now you get the recipe!

It doesn't taste quite as stroganoff-y as I would like. A little more beef flavor, perhaps some Worcestershire sauce... I think those would enhance the flavor. But it was still pretty darn tasty, and oh so easy. I started cooking it when the guests came in, and when I handed them the bowl to sample, they couldn't believe it was already ready.


In a large pot, cook your choice of pasta. I used some THRIVE Macaroni, because it's what I had open. And because then I could call this recipe Stroganoni instead of just plain Stroganoff. But Thrive Egg Noodles would be great with this as well. How much to cook depends on your preference of sauce - noodles. I always cook extra because my hubby will eat plain noodles with butter and salt any day. I'm guessing you'll want appx 3 cups cooked noodles. 

While your noodles cook, in a separate saucepan, combine the following:
1/2 cup THRIVE FD Cooked Ground Beef
1/2 cup THRIVE FD Mushroom Pieces
2 Tbsp THRIVE FD Celery
2 1/2 cups water

Bring to a boil, cover and let boil for 5-10 minutes or until beef is tender. There should be about 1 cup of liquid remaining. 

In a separate bowl, combine:
1/2 cup magic mix (See the link for recipe)
3 Tbsp THRIVE Sour Cream Powder
2 tsp THRIVE Beef Bouillon

When Beef and veggies are done cooking, dump in your powdered ingredients all at once and stir. Reduce heat and stir for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce is fully thickened. You may want to add more water to thin sauce out if its too thick for your taste. 

It makes for a tasty meal, and the whole thing is done as soon as your noodles are. No thawing, no chopping, just measuring and dumping. What could be easier? So if it's 5:00 and you don't know what's for dinner, now you do. If you don't have a home store built up with these ingredients, talk to me and I will get you set up on a monthly budget so you can build up a home store of healthy meats, fruits, and vegetables that won't spoil in your fridge or take up space in your freezer, and that will help you be sitting around the dinner table as a family in 20 minutes or less. 

No comments: